Thursday, April 9, 2009

bus 1

This is a shot of the bikes when we came back from the Kankakee Il. to an Ohio River Vally shops which have asked to remain anonymous The trip began late December in Gulfport with the boarding of a flight to Chicago (Midway). I then took the subway to the Greyhound bus station to travel to Kankakee at Midwest Transport where I hung with Jerome and removed the many seats which make this hauler a large storeroom on wheels. It is a 71 passenger Thomas bodied International which is the largest non flat nosed bus that you can get. It is a 5 speed manual, hydraulic brake model (no special licence required) diesel which I hope to eventually run on Bio Fuel (I know that all fuels are bio fuels but hopefully one that does not depend of outside fuel sources) perhaps a byproduct of the local sugar market in the future? We now are running the bike in a staggered longways location and get over 9mpg's, it only goes 62 but it goes 450 miles on a tank of fuel. I highly recommend this type of transport to anyone looking for an economical race hauler. I use a converted ladder and will eventually put up a video of the load up procedure. If you want to go to a race or trackday and save fuel you can usually meet me at my house or I'll pick you up on the way. Currently accommodations in the bus are a bit spartan but I will improve it in the future. Some future shots will just be before and afters with definitions pages. Now on with the adventure...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment