Monday, June 1, 2009

Barber 250's

Here is a shot that shows the kind of weather we had this weekend at Barber. The rain clouds were a constant presence and caused a mad scramble for rain tires on Sunday morning for practice. The joke of course was that it dried up for the races and was beautiful. The danger at Barber after a rain is water running across the track which caused a few wrecks on Sunday. During the rain on Saturday, while I was cornerworking the Museum turn, there were at least 40 falls including Charles and Jim in my corner. Their wrecks cost them less than $75 each, sweet!. Barber rocks though I know if I had tried to learn it on my 10r I would have crashed it for sure. After the races on Sunday, Brad and I drove through the night to Kyle Texas and an Elite track day. Moira rented all the bikes and let her people give them a rip. The reception was great except for one guy who was overly impressed with the acceleration of his zx10 which he "improved" with -1, +2 gearing. He said it was hard to ride. I guess so 'cause I smoked him on a 250. The total trip was 1800 miles in 4 days with 4 days at tracks, whew! thanks Brad!!!
Here is the address to the a couple of vholdr videos of Barber that I took;http://www.VholdR.com/node/27806
please let me know if this works on your 'puter.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment